Can Electronic Records Really Be Managed?
The enormous gap between information governance (IG) policies and broad compliance with them, prompts a legitimate concern about whether electronic records can really be managed at all. In this presentation, the following questions are answered and, in the process, insights and solutions are shared for narrowing that compliance gap:
- Are we asking too much of the business?
- Is auto-classification ready for prime-time?
- Why is it so hard to work with IT?
- Must senior management be involved?
- Can I really make this happen?
Upon completion of this web seminar, participants will be able to:
- Define a practical “ask” of the business that encourages user compliance with IG policies
- Analyze requirements for automatic collection and classification of records and related information
- Describe how to improve broad compliance with IG policies by leveraging IT knowledge and resources
- Summarize how to avoid project disruption by gaining senior management approval
About the Presenter: Jim Coulson, CRM, FAI is a former Managing Director, Huron Consulting Group. Jim has been involved in records management for over thirty years, including fifteen years as a senior executive. Jim has worked with more than two hundred organizations to improve their records and information management programs. Coulson is in the ARMA International Company of Fellows. The Institute of Certified Records Managers has recognized Coulson’s impact on the profession with the highest award in the field of RIM, the Emmett Leahy Award.
Location: Cincinnati Insurance Company, 6200 S. Gilmore Rd, Fairfield OH
Directions: North 75 to West 275 to Fairfield/Forest Park exit 39, pass Cincinnati Mall, Cincinnati Insurance Company is on same side as mall.
11:15 -11:30 Registration
11:30 – Noon Lunch
Noon – Presentation
Register via email to Denise Witzgall firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday Jan 6th
Members: $15, Non-Members: $20, Students: $10 – first time guests are FREE